Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Creature from the Black Lagoon/Mutant Frog


I really enjoyed doing the Yeti yesterday down here at Yowza, so today I thought I'd do another monster type character. I'm just heading up to Orillia to visit my girlfriend's parents house and it got me thinking. There are a lot of lakes up there and all of them have loads of weeds and swamps all over the place. Who knows what kinds of things are under the water watching you while you swim and frolic in the Central Ontario summer water. I used to think of those things when I was a kid playing up at my friend Andrew's cottage over on Kashe Lake. I'd swim with my legs ticked under my body, trying to keep them as far from the bottom as possible... every centimeter counted. I'm older now and don't get bother by those things anymore, but it doesn't mean there still aren't weird creatures of the lakes ready to stike not far away. In any event, apparently salt helps.

Have fun swimming!

-Matt

No comments: